Rubber Boat Tour to Capri Island
Rubber Boat Tour to Capri Island
|Availability: Wednesday, Saturday||Duration: 8h 0m|
|Duration: 8h 0m|
|Languages: Italian, English||Children under 12yo: 20% Discount|
|Children under 12yo: 20% Discount|
This rubber boat tour to the beautiful Capri starts from the Circolo dei Canottieri in the Port of Naples and the first panoramic stop is at the iconic Faraglioni in the south part of the island.
The first 30-minute bath/swim break is in one of the beautiful bays of Capri where in addition to a nice dive you can snorkel with the equipment made available on board (masks, snorkels, fins); even those who have little confidence offshore swimming can participate in sea activities in total safety thanks to the use of floating jackets.
At around 1 p.m. we reach the Port of Capri where you can disembark to enjoy a walk in the famous streets of Capri, in total freedom for 2 hours.
After this break of shopping and good food, the navigation starts in the direction of the popular Blue Grotto where guests can buy the ticket for a 20-minute visit.* The Blue Grotto is a truly magical place that owes its name to the colour deriving from the light of the sun that when entering from a submarine window gives a beautiful blue to the water and to the walls of the cave.
The way back navigation and the disembark at the starting point follow.
Our tour guides speak Italian and English.
*The price of the ticket is 13€.
- Sentiments: Panoramic, Bathing
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Languages: Italian, English
- Duration: 8h 0m
- Fresh water
- Mask and Snorkel
Return: 5:30 PM
- No smoking
- No heels
The User may cancel a booking unilaterally at any time, the following time frame dependent fees apply:
- 25% of the total amount due, if cancellation is within 31 days of departure
- 50% of the total amount due, if the cancellation is between 30 and 15 days of the departure
- 75% of the total amount due, if the cancellation is between 15 and 7 days of the departure
- 100% of the total amount due, if the cancellation is within 7 days of departure, or if the User or any members of the party are absent at the place and time of departure.
B) Failure to provide services – Nausdream withdrawal
In the event that Nausdream is no longer able to provide booked Service(s) due to unavailability of seats, the following options will be presented:
1) The User will be allowed to select a different experience which may be on a different date, with a value equal to or greater than that acquired by the User, without supplementing the price difference.
2) The User will be able to select a different experience which may be on a different date, with an inferior value than that originally purchased, and will be reimbursed the price difference within 14 days.
3) The user will be reimbursed 100% of the total amount paid.
In order to allow Nausdream the opportunity to provide Users an alternative travel solution referred to in numbers 1) and 2) above, the User must make a specific request to Nausdream by sending an email to [email protected], indicating the confirmation number. Within 10 days, Nausdream will provide the User with one of the above solutions by sending a special email containing the description of the service offered. Acceptance must be communicated by the User by replying to the aforementioned email. In case of non-acceptance by the User, Nausdream will refund the full amount paid by the User referred to in paragraph 3) above within a 48-hour period.
C) Cancellation due to force majeure - Refunds for experiences not completed where the cause is not attributable to the User or to Nausdream.
In such circumstances the User will have the right to select from the solutions provided for in b) above, under the following conditions.
In such cases, Nausdream will be exempt from paying any sum as compensation, indemnity, reimbursement or any other right, except for the reimbursement of the amounts already paid by the User, when the failure or incorrect execution of the contract and the Services involves one or more of the following hypotheses:
- caused by force majeure (bad weather, natural disasters, the objective impossibility of navigation, terrorist events, etc.)
- failure to reach the minimum number of participants (if this clause is included in the General Terms of Sale)